Come work with us!
We’ve got a lot of really exciting things in the works at Steepster and we finally realized, we need some help! So we’re reaching out to you, the beloved Steepster community, to see who might be interested in working with us.
The position is for a part time, Marketing Manager, which requires outstanding communication skills for activities including customer service, social media management, and development of marketing content. We’re a small group but looking to grow, so there’s the definite possibility to grow with us. We are looking for someone located in NYC who would ideally work from our offices.
How to Apply
See below for the full details of the position. If you’re interested (or know someone who would be), please email your resume and any other relevant information or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only serious inquiries please.
We’re looking forward to working is you!
Marketing Manager Position
- Part Time (4 hrs / day)
- $20 / hour
- Potential to grow into full-time
- Located in New York City is strongly preferred
Manage customer service inquiries
- Via Steepster.com forums, email, Twitter, Facebook
Manage social media presence
- Participate actively in relevant discussions on Facebook, Twitter and Steepster as an official representative of Steepster
Participate in email marketing process
- Assist in copy development for emails
- Enter email creative into CMS
- QA and deploy emails
Participate in content development and syndication
- Help identify key topics for content development (Keyword research, trend identification for viral content)
- Review content for quality
- Manage syndication activities with other content sites
Manage marketing dashboard
- Review analytics and compile traffic / usage dashboard
- Develop requirements for additional reporting as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2-3 years experience with managing email and/or online marketing campaigns
- Ability to work among multiple teams in a fast paced environment
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge or enthusiasm for tea desired
Steepster is an online service that helps people drink better tea. Launched in March 2009 in New York City, Steepster houses the largest community-edited database of teas on the Web, currently with 200,000+ reviews for 40,000+ teas from almost 5000 companies. Steepster provides a platform for people to keep a tea journal (or ‘tealog’), share ratings & reviews and for the teas they’re drinking, and subscribe to samples of new teas.